vk facebook_account twitter_account youtube_account firstname.lastname@example.org instagram_account
ТЕСТ. ОБЩЕРАЗГОВОРНЫЙ КУРС.
1. My brother ____ very tired today .
2. His ____ is a famous actress .
3. I’d like to be a _____ and work in a hospital .
4. We _____ like rap music .
5. There ____ a lot of water on the floor . What happened ?
6. He ____ TV at the moment .
7. Helen is very _____ . She doesn’t go out a lot .
8. Did you _____ to the concert yesterday ?
9. Have you got _______ mineral water ? I’m thirsty .
10. Let’s go into ______ garden . It’s sunny outside .
11. He’s ______ for the next train .
12.Tom ________ his car last week .
13. She bought some lovely red _______ today.
14. Which bus _______ for when I saw you this morning ?
15. Where _______ you like to go tonight ?
16. That’s the _______ film I’ve ever seen !
17. My Dad ________ his car yet.
18. She’ s been a doctor _________ fifteen years .
19. Look at the sky . It ________ rain.
20. If I ______ this work , the boss will be angry .
21. This film is even ______ than the last one!
22.We’re getting married _____ March .
23. I’ll meet you ______ I finish work .
24. If you ________ steak for a long time, it goes hard.
25. I ______ you outside the cinema,ok?
26. He ______ not be home this evening. Phone him on his mobile.
27. The criminal ________ outside the hotel last night.
28. He asked me if I _________ a lift home .
29. If I ______ older , I’d be able to vote in elections.
30. You ________ go to the supermarket this afternoon. I’ve already been.
31. Kathy drives ________ than her sister .
32. The ________ near our village is beautiful .
33. I’m ________ I can’t help you with that.
34. It was really ________ this morning . I couldn’t see anything on the road.
35. Can you look _______ my dog while I’m away?
36. If I’d started the work earlier I ________ it by now.
37. This time next year I _______ in Madrid .
38. I wish she _______ in front of our gate. It’s very annoying.
39. He said he’d seen her the ______ night.
40. I _______ agreed to go out . I haven’t got any money.
41. It was good _______ about her recovery, wasn’t it ?
42. I _______ the report by 5.00 p.m. You can have it then .
43. Because of the snow the teachers ________ all the students to go home early.
44. Thanks for the meal! It was __________.
45. Look! Our boss ________ on TV right now !
46. It’s _______ to drive a car over 115 km/h in the UK.
47. There’s a lot of rubbish in the garden I need to get ______ of.
48. If you had taken the medicine in the morning, you ______much better now.
49. He wondered what _________ ?
50. They _______ our salaries by 5 % .
Levi Roots, a reggae singer from Jamaica, has a big smile on his face these days. In case you missed it, Levi recently appeared on the famous reality show for people with business ideas, Dragon’s Den. The participants have to persuade the team of business experts that their ideas are excellent and hope that two or more of the team will decide to invest money in their business idea. Levi did just that! The singer, who has been a successful music artist for several years, also sells something he calls ‘Reggae, reggae sauce’. It is made using special secret ingredients from his grandmother and is a hot Jamaican sauce that is eaten with meat. Until now it has only been possible to buy the sauce from Levi’s website or once a year at the famous Notting Hill carnival. But now, thanks to the TV programme, that is all going to change! Levi presented his business idea to the team and started with a catchy reggae song about the sauce to make them sit up and listen. He certainly got their attention! He then described his plans for the sauce. This part of his presentation didn’t go so well. He made mistakes with his figures, saying that he already had an order for the sauce of 2 and a half million when in fact he meant 2 and a half thousand! But, the team was still interested and amazingly, two of the team offered to give 50,000 pounds to the plan in exchange for 40% of the company. Mr. Roots was ecstatic! Levi is even happier today. It seems that two of the biggest supermarket chains in the UK are interested in having the sauce on their shelves. In addition to this, Levi is recording the “Reggae, reggae sauce’ song and we will soon be able to buy or download this. “It’s all about putting music into food,’ says Levi with a big, big smile on his face! And music and food will probably make him a very rich man indeed!
1. At the moment Levi isn’t very happy.
2. Levi sells something we can eat.
3. His song is a big success.
4. He sang his songs on TV.
5. Some supermarkets want to sell his product.
1. Dragon’s Den is a show about
2. To make the sauce
3. When Levi presented his idea
4. Some people on the team
5. Today Levi
Imagine you have just returned from a two-week holiday. Write an e-mail to your friend telling him/her about the holiday. Include information about the journey, where you stayed, what you did and the people you met.